Wednesday, October 10, 2007

It's been a month . . .

I know, I know: it's been a whole month since my last post. And while blogging should be something like mother's milk to me at this stage in my life, where I feel in desperate need of some sort of soap box, but where, ironically, very few people care to listen to me, I find it hard to set aside the requisite time. I am not so talented that I can sit down at a moment's whim and spurt out an intelligent, or even reasonably intelligent, set of paragraphs that get across the point I'd like to make. Sadly, my writing requires much more deliberation, and usually about two of three drafts and some editing before I am confident enough to put it out there and say "This is what I mean. Period."

I've seen articles written by rabid bloggers who claim that posting their thoughts, hopes, and frustrations online has become a daily therapy session they cannot live without. I'd like to send them some of my work, since they seem to have so much idle time on their hands . . .
Maybe I am just a poor prioritizer, but any free moment it seems I do have, I am overwhelmed with the desire to climb into my bed and snag a bit of sleep. Laziness, of course, could be the answer as well, but I shudder to admit that, however accurate it may be.


In any case, to prove that I have in fact been managing to keep up with important current events despite all the tedious midterms I've been glaring at recently, I will include the following thought from a very amusing little article on the BBC.
"In America, every election has been more expensive than the last, and yet the White House has passed from a Bush to a Clinton, back to a Bush and, many believe, may pass back to a Clinton.
It seems an awful lot of time and money to spend on what looks to outsiders like two rival dynasties fighting over the same address. " http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7036876.stm


I would copy and paste some of the tedious midterms here as well, but let's be honest and acknoweldge that no one has the slightest interest in reading anything of them.

Until the next time . . .

No comments: